Faber Music is an independent music publisher specialising in classical, contemporary, media, and printed pop and educational music. At the core of Faber Music's sales catalogue are tutors, repertoire and educational publications by world-renowned figures in their respective fields, including Fanny Waterman, Paul Harris, Mary Cohen and Pam Wedgwood. We also publish a number of rock and pop publications for artists and bands including Radiohead, Muse, Tom Odell, Jamie Cullum and more.
The Marketing Department is responsible for all communications regarding publications to both trade customers and end-users through the use of printed materials and digital campaigns. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic intern to join us in our London office and assist with all marketing activities. You will be required to turn your hand to banner ads, email templates, graphic design and layout of product literature, social media updates etc. You should combine creativity with a strong interest in Adobe design tools and be eager to learn and improve your skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic graduate to gain experience within the music publishing industry and walk away with a thorough understanding of the inside workings of an international publishing company.
• A recent graduate of marketing, communications, design or related studies (preferred)
• A-level art and/or design
• Working knowledge of social media sites
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite including InDesign and Photoshop
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication skills
• Interest in music would be desirable
• Website management – content, images and CMS
• Researching music blogs, articles and other web content
• CMS updates and data management
• Product inserts, brochures and trade promos
• Promotional email campaigns
• Potential PR involvement and review of activity
• SEO review of activity
• Researching and implementing social media strategies
• A love for marketing and awareness of current success stories
• Creativity, enthusiasm and passion for design
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work autonomously but within a wider team effort
• Willingness to learn new skills
If you think you could be the right person for this position, send your CV and a cover letter (required) to email@example.com by 29 July 2013.
The successful applicant will be based in London - right to work in the UK is an essential prerequisite.
The internship will last for 4 weeks (starting date negotiable).
Travel expenses and lunch will be covered.