- Oliver Knussen joins the Royal Academy of Music
- The Howard Goodall season at The Union Theatre reaches its finale with its third instalment, 'Girlfriends'
- Sadler's Wells hosts world premiere of Gabriel Prokofiev's new ballet 'Terra Incognita'
- Australian Chamber Orchestra launch Jonny Greenwood’s ‘Water’: “organic and persuasive”
- Re-writing the Past: Woolrich at 60
‘Superb, memorable stuff. Yes, indeed, a great work’ ‘From its urgent opening to its nervy, pacing close, the Violin Concerto juggles tension with a real sense of soul-searching and of seeking to understand. Yet, as ever with this composer, his dramatic instincts make for vibrant, compelling listening. I was transfixed, for instance, by the way the questing opening of the second movement is offset by suddenly louring strings and brass that, no longer lazily ambling, return with menacing fo Read more