Ahoy! - Sing for the Mary Rose
- cantata for SATB chorus, children's choir and band (5 players)
- Chorus with Orchestra/Large Ensemble, Mixed Voices, Unison/Upper + Equal Voices
- Trad; Joanna Forbes L'Estrange; Henry VIII; William Shakespeare
- pno - drum kit - piano accordion - vln.amplified double bass (or electric bass)
Commissioned by the Portsmouth Festivities, in partnership with the Mary Rose Trust. Sponsored by Arts Council England, The Southern Cooperative, Portsmouth Grammar School and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
- First Performance
- 24.6.2013, Portsmouth Festivities, Portsmouth Guildhall, UK: Hugh Dennis (narrator)/The Portsmouth Grammar School Chamber Choir/The Portsmouth Grammar School Community Choir/Portsmouth Festival Choir/The Portsmouth Grammar Junior School Choir/St Jude's School Choir/St George's School Choir/Castle Primary School Choir/The Mary Rose School Choir/Call Me Al Quintet/Sam Gladstone
Vocal score 0-571-53766-9 on sale or hire, full score and parts for hire (firstname.lastname@example.org). Children's score and learning tracks available as a download from Choralstore. SATB learning tracks available from www.ahoymaryrose.com. Individual movements available separately from Choralstore.
Promo video here: