Calling All Dawns (chamber orchestra) - a song cycle for chamber orchestra
- orchestra, soloists and choir
- Chorus with Orchestra/Large Ensemble
- 1(picc).1.0.0 - 2020 - timp - perc(3): gc/sd/ptti/sus.cym/tam-t/chimes/glsp/mtree/bell tree/wind chimes/tgl/shkr/caxixi/samba shaker/chan-chan/rattle/taiko/surdo/ashiko/chappa/darabuka/table/opt. drum kit - pno(cel) - harp - strings
- Swahili, Japanese, Portuguese, French, Latin, Hebrew, Sanskrit
- First Performance
- FP: 09/01/2011, Waterford Union High School (Wisconsin, USA): Waterford Union Chorus and Orchestra, Derek Machan
Score and parts for hire (outside North America).
Published by Warner/Chappell. Administered for hire worldwide (outside North America) by Faber Music Ltd
- Programme Notes
Calling All Dawns is a song-cycle in three movements: day, night and dawn. Each movement corresponds to a different phase of life--life, death, and rebirth. There are songs of joy, mystery, and hardship, reflecting the complexity of our mortality. There are songs of the deepest, darkest sorrow to accompany us through death. And finally, there are songs of triumph and exultation that bring us roaring back to life, beginning the cycle anew.