Siegfried Interlude No. 2
- Wind octet
- Woodwind Ensemble
- piccolo.flute.oboe.cor anglais.clarinet.bass clarinet.bassoon.contrabassoon
- Commissioned by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra for first performance at the launch of their 2000 season.
- First Performance
- 2000, Australia: Sydney Symphony Orchestra
- Score 0-571-56627-8 and parts 0-571-56628-6 on sale
- Programme Notes
- Siegfried Interlude No. 2 was commissioned by the Sydney Symphony Orchestra for first performance at the launch of their 2000 Season. It uses some of the themes from Act II of Wagner's Siegfried, including Siegfried's "Nothung" cries and the woodbird's theme.