THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
Managing Editor (Contemporary Music), Faber Music
Department: Performance Music
Contract and Hours: Permanent. Full time, Monday–Friday
Salary: £34,000 to £40,000 pa (dependent upon experience)
Location: Bloomsbury, London (with hybrid working)
Closing date: 13 February 2023
Start date: To be discussed. Ideally April / May 2023
About the role
As a key member of our close-knit team, you will work alongside the Head of Editorial (Contemporary Music) in servicing the performance works of our world-renowned roster of composers. As well as editing works yourself, you will help to manage a team of freelance copyists to bring performing materials to fruition and oversee printed publications.
- Prepare, edit and proofread performance material to the highest professional standard. Devise clear, unambiguous solutions for notating (often complex) music from across a broad aesthetic spectrum.
- Maintain close working relationships with a diverse array of composers, overseeing projects from their initial submission to final supply of materials, as well as dealing with subsequent corrections and revisions. Maintain editorial records. Draw together covers, texts and music for publication scores.
- Identify, brief, and supervise freelance editors in editing scores, part extraction, and producing publication-standard material.
- Close collaboration with Faber Music’s Promotions team (delivery timeframes, work specifications, etc.) and Hire Library (revisions, recall of material, etc.)
- Significant experience editing contemporary scores to a publication standard, ideally working with a professional music publisher
- Fluent and efficient using Sibelius software (Dorico and Finale experience desirable)
- Good communication, budgeting, and project management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a flair for organisation.
- The ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Ideally practical experience of one or more orchestral instruments, as well as keyboard skills
To apply, please send a CV, examples of work, and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. No agencies please. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants but if you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date then you will not have been successful.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act (“DPA”) 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”),your CV and all personal information contained therein or within other correspondence in relation to an application will only be used in relation to the recruitment of the position in question, unless we receive explicit consent from you to keep it on our files for future reference. The personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be deleted at the end of the recruitment process.