The most comprehensive book ever written on Latin jazz guitar playing — from its roots in Afro-Cuban music to the great contemporary masters!
- Traditional lines from the Tres, cuatro and requinto adapted to the guitar in the style of Arsenio Rodriguez, Yomo Toro, El Güero Gil, etc.
- Piano adaptations and solutions for the guitar patterned after Bebo Valdes, Clare Fischer, Eddie Palmieri, etc.
- Step-by-step instruction on how to play guajeos, montunos and other Afro-Cuban styles on guitar
- Transcription and analysis of key guitarists, composers and arrangers such as George Benson, Chico O’Farrill, Clare Fischer, Stan Appelbaum, Cal Tjader and La Playa sextet
- Stylistic analysis of highly infl uential guitarists such as Juanito Marquez, Paul Alicea, Sonny Henry, Edgardo Miranda, Carlos Emilio Morales, Bobby Redfield, Carlos Santana and Steve Khan.
- Transcriptions and analysis of jazz guitar greats playing Latin music, like Wes Montgomery, Kenny Burrell, Attila Zoller, Danny Embrey and Steve Khan. And much more!
- Over 250 audio files of the author playing each exercise!